PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter-Egg Pancakes

I have something to confess...I am not much of a "breakfast person". I always eat breakfast, but it is not my most favorite meal of the day. Unlike my sister, who I swear only gets up for the mere purpose of eating a good breakfast ha. I love you Rachy :-).

However, it's a different story if pancakes are on the menu! Oh how I love a good pancake! So, I decided to create a fun twist--and make colorful Easter Egg Pancakes...perfect for your Easter day breakfast.
-strawberry shortcake: strawberries and whipping cream (in a can)
-blueberry crush: strawberry jam, blueberries, whipping cream and powdered sugar
-elvis-cake: bananas, peanut butter, and strawberry jam (this one is dedicated to the king of rock since he loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches...) 
-sprinkle cake: my little Sagey girl helped me with this one...whipping cream and sprinkles :-)

And because I love you so, I am going to share with you my (as of lately) FAVORITE pancake recipe! They are not only light and fluffy, but so very moist (oh gosh I hate that word but its the only one I could think of) and it makes for the PERFECT pancake! The secret ingredient(s) are:
who would have thought, right?! Well without further adieu here is the recipe (you can thank me later) :-)

Cornmeal Pancakes:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
3 T sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
whisk ingredients together and than add:
1/3 cup raisins (optional)
1 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
2 eggs
1/4 cup oil
***if you want your pancakes to be colorful when you cut into them...simply divide your mixture into however many colors you want (I used blue, green, yellow and pink) and add a few drops of food coloring to each. :-) Than cook on griddle.


Pin It

13 comments:

  1. brilliant idea :) they look so yummy!

    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe these will satisfy my now young adult Franco-American hybrid kids' yearning for having Easter eggs like in the good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I definitely want to try these out next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I"m SO doing this for easter!!! How fun!

    - Sarah
    A Girl In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aarean,
    I saw this "colorful" idea on Pinterest and thought of your blog. Maybe you could try it or something? Just a thought
    Here's the link..
    http://pinterest.com/pin/21814379415103212/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...I posted the wrong link (although that is a cool idea too)
      Here is the right link
      http://pinterest.com/pin/187251296976291368/

      Delete
    2. omg katy that is crazy! I think it would look better on blonded hair (which I don't have) but my sister has blonde hair...maybe she'll let me experiment?!?! ha thanks for the link!

      Delete
  6. I think the blue berries would be my fave, but I really think you should create one with bacon as stripes! I mean bacon is the best part of breakfast! YUM! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  7. moist is a disgusting word haha

    Love these ideas! Really cute(and delicious) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy in my tummy. I spent my entire afternoon yestrday making those fingerpaint Easter cards. Loved the idea and hope you don't mind that I copied you. :)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum Aarean! Now I know what I'm making for breakfast on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are the cutest thing ever.. totally LOVING your blog, by the way...

    ...


    and now to return to my stalking...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...